Friday, October 11, 2019

Amazing Grace - Amma

Amazing Grace - Amma - A Living Memory

When they called me into a private room in ER, I stepped in, 
                                                                       with trepidation
When they first pronounced "it's not looking good", tears welled up 
                                                                      and broke through the banks
No logic nor propriety; but all heart
As one who gave me a beginning faced her end, 
                                                                     every day was unlike another
Two months passed like an unending night with dreams 
                                                                    some beautiful and others dreadful
Could I forget the night I eased her with a lullaby or the day her lips parted in a 
                                                                   smile even in mute distress
Or the quiet evening when I meditated in her still presence?
She left as regally as she came; while her form and person 
                                                                  merged with the five elements
As I go about, I do miss her presence a lot, but her Amazing Grace 
                                                                  is what I treasure the most!

Image may contain: 2 people, including Prasad Kamisetty, people smiling, people standing, plant, tree and outdoor

No comments: